Excitement around every turn!

It’s been rather a long time since I’ve posted anything, but you’ll have to forgive me. I was in Paris last week. More about that later though… Just so that you don’t get bogged down, I’ll be posting it in 2 segments. So now the moment you’ve all been waiting for! Ladies and Gentlemen, without any further adieu, my week.
Thursday morning (May 17) an electrician arrived quite early in the morning to fix the light switch that my flatmate had tried to destroy with her wet umbrella. I was exhausted so I fully slept through him fixing it! (Mom, it’s a good thing you vacuumed under my crib when I was little. Now I can sleep through anything!) When I woke up I got ready and went out to St. Paul’s Cathedral. It is an amazing building! We didn’t really get to go into it because it is expensive, but I went into one of the chapels and looked around as far as I could. We got our pictures out on the steps of St. Paul’s and then we went to the Old Bailey. It is a really cool old justice building. I think it is something like an old court house. The sculptures on the outside of it are insanely cool though! I also went to the OXO building tonight. They have a small gallery where they have an exhibit of marine photos right now. I went with one of my friends to her ward youth activity tonight. They were learning BSL (British Sign Language) which is nothing like ASL. There are a few things that are the same/similar, but overall it is nothing alike in the least! I was struggling with the alphabet even.
Friday was fun, but not too eventful. I went to Covent Gardens with two of my friends and we looked through all these little markets and shops. Then we split up and went to a nut shop (most wonderful chocolate covered nuts ever!) and to take a picture I forgot to take before. We went home for dinner then we went to a play with the group. Kindertransport is about a little Jewish girl in WWII who is sent out of Germany to live in England with a host family until things get better. It is quite a sad play and the character, The Ratcatcher, is really quite scary! That’s about all that happened Friday, but like I said, it was a pretty chill day.
Saturday I went shopping, a favorite past time here in London, on Kensington High Street. I found a really cute bag, but no clothes I really liked. In the afternoon we had a matinee of Three Sisters. It had several strikes against it. 1) it is a rather boring play in my opinion, 2) it was a matinee, 3) it was 3+ hours long 4) it was in Russian. I don’t speak Russian just in case any of you were misinformed. It was really hard for me to stay awake during that play, but in the second act something was dripping along the back of the stage and that kept me awake looking for where the drip was coming from. Good times! The poor stage crew was going crazy trying to fix it and after the show people were down there surveying it and getting after others to get it fixed! It was pretty fantastic! There was a baptism in my branch that night so the few of us who are in that branch went to that, then I spent the evening getting things together and playing around with my friends.
Sunday was the first time in a long time that I understood anything that was said in church. The stake Patriarch and his wife came and spoke to us and they are English! Well, she’s English, he’s Scottish. I was in the Primary helping with the music today and it was pretty cool to be with the little kids. They are way cute! I went to a service at St. Paul’s that was not a usual service. I was hoping it was going to be a mass, but I’ll have to go back another time for that.
Monday was class in the morning before high tea in the afternoon. It was really fun! We had tea and scones which was fantastic! The tea was wonderful and the scones were divine! I thought it was really fun because it is kind of a social event so it takes a couple of hours, but the girls I was with were anxious to get out of there. Kind of sad I think. I went back and did some homework and such so that I could stay caught up, then some of us went back to see A Matter of Life and Death again. I was so happy! Peter lived! He is the main character and his living or dieing depends on the flip of a coin. They actually flip a coin in the show that tells which ending they will do! It is amazing! I liked it better when he died, but I was glad to see how they did it when they have him live.
Tuesday was our midterm. Gross! I don’t approve of tests and I think that we should all just not do them anymore and everyone gets A’s. Yes, that is my new philosophy, but no one asked me for my opinion. Oh well. I spent the day pretty much getting ready to go to Paris Wednesday. I packed, cleaned, and made sure I had my passport and money situation taken care of. I went to bed at 9.45 because I had to wake up at 3.50 AM to leave for the station. Yuck!

Well, that was pretty much the week! Thanks for tuning in. I'll be putting up this last weeks events tomorrow then I'll be back on track. Ciao!

Comments