14 February 2012

Valentines Day 2012

Some people are not a fan of Valentines Day if they haven’t got a valentine, some people aren’t a fan of Valentines Day even if they do have a valentine.  I, myself, am a fan of Valentines Day.  I love love.  I think it is especially important to tell the people you love that you love them.  I’ve lost enough people to know that you have to say “I love you” when you have the chance.  I do think it is nice to have a special day to give some extra love though as well!  It’s like a birthday, or anniversary, or something but it’s for everyone to participate in!  I think it is a lovely holiday in general.

I would, of course, LOVE to have a wonderful man to kiss and cuddle and bring me flowers on Valentines Day.  I will one day too.  This day would not be that day though.  C’est la vie.

It was a lovely day though.  I got to sleep in, cuddle with my kitten/valentine, went to work for a little bit, then came home and had a date night with Moe the kitten, Mr Humphrey Bogart, and a bowl of pasta.  Ending in tears… I suppose it is only appropriate as I am a hopeless romantic at heart.  “Here’s looking at you kid.”  It gets me every time!  *sigh*  All while wearing my awesome red wig and heart handcuff jewelry!  I do try to make a statement on certain holidays you understand.

Thank you mom and dad for the Valentines Day treats/flowers/card.  It’s the best kind of Valentine gift I could have.

DSCN1008

(And yes, for anyone wondering I had already eaten one of the strawberries when I took the picture, and I don’t care.)

I made some handmade valentines this year.  I’m pretty proud of them and since this is my blog, I will brag.  They were awesome!

DSCN1007

DSCN1005

DSCN1004

Overall, it was a great Valentines Day.  My good friend Amanda brought me a wonderful Valentine!  She’s amazing! 

Here’s to an even better one next year!  Please don’t forget to tell those you care about how much they mean to you.  It is so important.  I love you all!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com