14 October 2011

Baby Names

I have so many family members and friends who are having babies right now!  It is crazy to think about, but I’m excited for them.  (On a semi related note, I’m finding out about a startling number of new pregnancies via facebook.  That should come to a stop FYI.  Come on people, pick up your phone and make a call.  You know, it’s that method of communication we used for our close friends and family before the mass email/text/social media… Just in case you forgot… But I digress.) It’s kind of funny the way that works out.  I think just about everyone has names that they have totally nixed because of knowing someone named that or something, but I have observed that (mainly girls) get very possessive over names that they like.  I am no exception to this.  I have 2 baby names that I am dead set on (well, one that is a must, the other is just one that I really like).  I have had a couple of my girlfriends call me furious that a friend/cousin/neighbor “stole” their baby name!  I can’t say that I blame them.  I would be irate if that happened to me.  I would probably not speak to that person for a solid space of time in fact.  I have put it out there that I have dibs on these names because they hold a special place in my heart and I would hope that they would respect that. 

That all being said, I’m sure I would forgive the person who did it and, frankly, I would still use the name.  I do not care if that person is mad at me or anything else because it’s my name and I have made it crystal clear that I am using it.  If you choose to use it on your kid then YOU need to be ok with our children having the same names.  The people closest to me know my names and they know I’ve wanted them for sometime.

Ok, so that was a weird blog… Anyway, congrats to all of my expectant friends and to those of you who had your names taken, be bold and use them anyway!  I’ll support you!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com